Organizations transitioning from version 2009 to 2016 must transition through a “transition” audit in line with the organization’s current regularly scheduled recertification audit or surveillance audit, as defined in the IAQG Rules, this will ensure that additional time is added to deliver an effective transition audit in conjunction with the normal surveillance or recertification requirements.
For organizations currently certified to AS/EN/JISQ 9100 series, the following is a recommended action plan for transitioning:
- Familiarize yourself to new standard version.
- Perform an organizational gap analysis. The GAP Analysis should identify the differences that need to be addressed to ensure your organization’s QMS meets all the new requirements, including those related to external providers.
- Based on the results of the gap analysis, develop an implementation plan specific to your organization.
- Provide appropriate training for all individuals involved in implementing AS/EN/JISQ 91xx at organization.
- Update your existing system and provide evidence that your organization meets the new requirements.
As a reminder, all audits performed after 14th of June will be performed against new standard version.
DISCOVER OUR TRANSITION PACKS IATF 16949